Level 1 Food Safety – Catering
Food Handlers and their employers have a legal duty to manage Food Safety. These obligations are
set out by a number of EU and UK Laws. These Laws state that food handlers must make sure that
food which is prepared, cooked, served or sold, is safe for human consumption. Failing to follow
food safety standards can cause food to become contaminated with potentially fatal consequences.
Training your employees with our online system will go a long way to give them greater awareness
of the dangers that poor food safety standards pose, as well as covering how food safety risks
actually arise and how to control and prevent them.
The Level 1 Awards in Food Safety provide an ideal solution to staff induction training including:
• New employees with minimal or no prior food safety knowledge;
• Employees handling low-risk or wrapped foods (category A);
• Front of house employees, such as waiting or check out staff;
• Back of house employees, such as kitchen porters or warehouse staff.
|Course||Module Number||Module Name||Pass % Required|
|Level 1 Food Safety – Catering||1||Food Safety Legislation||75|
|Level 1 Food Safety – Catering||2||Hazards from Delivery to Service||75|
|Level 1 Food Safety – Catering||3||Risk Control (Prevention of Contamination)||75|
|Level 1 Food Safety – Catering||4||Pests, Premises and People||75|
Recommended System Requirements
• Browser: Up to date web browser
• Video: Up to date video drivers
• Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
• Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 50 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).